Help! Can't find puppet style Cracker Jack Prize

The place to ask your Cracker Jack Prize questions. (Open to All)
Elegance

Help! Can't find puppet style Cracker Jack Prize

Post by Elegance »

Hi!
I really want to find an Cracker Jack prize my Dad told me he got as a child. He said it was a marionette style puppet, very small, snap together, and either a lion or tiger(orange in color?). Does anyone know if Cracker Jack made a prize like this? I have looked for it but no luck so far, I wanted to buy it for him again for memory's sake.
Cyndy Boesch

Re: Help! Can't find puppet style Cracker Jack Prize

Post by Cyndy Boesch »

There are many Cracker Jack put-togethers that have 4 moveable legs, but if it was a true marionette, with strings, it wasn't Cracker Jack. There are some prizes that swing from a plastic bar; could it have been one of those? Can you get more details from him?
Elegance

Post by Elegance »

Sorry for late reply. I asked him and he said he is quite sure it was a small, marionette, orange plastic lion he got from a cracker jack box. He was very young at the time and that's all he can remember. /: He got the toy in the late 1960's or early 1970's in Canada. Thank you for replying!
Cyndy Boesch

Post by Cyndy Boesch »

Still drawing a blank on this. It may be something we haven't seen in the US, because Lowney's in Canada produced Cracker Jack in Canada during the period that plastic put-together toys were being used (mid 1960's). Perhaps your local library can borrow you the book, " Cracker Jack Toys", by Larry White and you and your Dad could page through it and see if you can find something similar as a reference. Did the prize your Da remembers actually have strings?
Elegance

Post by Elegance »

Yes, he's quite certain the toy had strings. I'll see if I can find the book you mentioned and we'll look through it. Thank you for all your help! :D
Cyndy Boesch

Post by Cyndy Boesch »

There are very few US Cracker Jack prizes that have strings, but all of those were paper items and not marionettes. Do keep us posted, if you find the White book. Also, if your Dad could sketch (even roughly) what he remembers, it would help. Happy hunting!
Elegance

Post by Elegance »

Thank you very much for your help! If we find the toy, I will post a picture of it here. :)