Wooden Cracker Jack Yo-Yo

This is a general discussion forum. (Open to All)
007CJuser

Wooden Cracker Jack Yo-Yo

Post by 007CJuser »

I wrote a while back about how I inherited old Cracker Jack items and was looking for help with a cardboard shipping box, which CJCA members helped me date to 1930-ish. I am so lucky I found other collectors because otherwise I would have unknowingly thrown away CJ prizes!

BUT NOW I have this Wood Cracker-Jack Yoyo... SEE PICTURE BELOW! (sorry, I have not attempted to wipe it clean)
It is functioning and made of wood, unlike the prizes. I cannot find another to compare this with or even a mention any place of another. I know I want to sell my collection someday, but I have been unable to find information about this wood cracker jack yoyo other than I located the mechanical plate/stamp used to mark each of the yo-yos on an auction site. Finding that at least confirmed these yo-yos were actually produced and what I have is real, but I cannot find other wood cracker jack yo-yo's.

Are these Cracker Jack Yo-Yo's common? I specifically separated this yo-yo from other items I inherited but someone keeps putting it back into a box I have marked "garage sale" and it is irritating me only because I know this has cultural and historical value, and could be very rare.
Attachments
Full-Sized, Wood Cracker Jack YoYo, Not Prize
Full-Sized, Wood Cracker Jack YoYo, Not Prize
0323241723b.jpg (369.67 KiB) Viewed 2701 times