It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 5:58 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:31 am
Posts: 119
Well I ran across a good buy on a shiva. How many is too many.


Attachments:
Shiva Crackerjack 2016.jpg
Shiva Crackerjack 2016.jpg [ 131.42 KiB | Viewed 4224 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 7:33 pm 

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:19 am
Posts: 247
Never too many!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 5:34 am 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:16 pm
Posts: 1340
Location: St. Louis, MO
Can you have too many??? That's a problem I'd like to have. Grats on finding another one!

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 8:35 am 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:47 pm
Posts: 1170
Location: Westland, Michigan
edteach,

You should ask fellow CJCA collector, Stewart Callner, how many are too many. He has a whole bunch of them which he brought to convention last week but please know, they are not for sale. Shiva is his favorite plastic prize.

Happy Shiva hunting! :)clap

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 8:49 am 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:31 am
Posts: 119
dianep2 wrote:
edteach,

You should ask fellow CJCA collector, Stewart Callner, how many are too many. He has a whole bunch of them which he brought to convention last week but please know, they are not for sale. Shiva is his favorite plastic prize.

Happy Shiva hunting! :)clap

I am only at 11 now but they are hard to find. They are a bit more fragile than some of the other prizes.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:01 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:44 pm
Posts: 53
I think I have 47 of them. Here's a link to the USA Today video from the convention, and my display case with the Shivas is shown, along with my thumbs.
http://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/nat ... /84356010/
The thing that attracted me to this prize is it's size (besides it's political incorrectness).
It was so large that it would not feed easily through the mechanisms that placed toys in the boxes in 1954, the year of it's issue (don't forget, these were wrapped in cellophane at the time).
As a result, they were pulled and were only found for a short time, making them much scarcer, and thus more expensive, than most of the other plastic prizes.
The other exceptional plastic prize is the sea captain that was mistaken for Stalin, and also pulled after a short run, resulting in scarceness and expensiveness (if that's a word).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:20 am 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:31 am
Posts: 119
Stewart Callner wrote:
I think I have 47 of them. Here's a link to the USA Today video from the convention, and my display case with the Shivas is shown, along with my thumbs.
http://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/nat ... /84356010/
The thing that attracted me to this prize is it's size (besides it's political incorrectness).
It was so large that it would not feed easily through the mechanisms that placed toys in the boxes in 1954, the year of it's issue (don't forget, these were wrapped in cellophane at the time).
As a result, they were pulled and were only found for a short time, making them much scarcer, and thus more expensive, than most of the other plastic prizes.
The other exceptional plastic prize is the sea captain that was mistaken for Stalin, and also pulled after a short run, resulting in scarceness and expensiveness (if that's a word).

Great info. I look for them from time to time on Ebay. Never found one outside of that arena. The size is indeed a cool aspect of this prize. The religious incorrectness is another. If it were Muslim I would most likely not collect it, but that is just me. The color is another thing,most that I see are red or some shade of deep pink. I have a green, yellow and blue but most I have and see are some shade of red. Most I see for sale run about 15 bucks. Its not my only collectable so I don't pick up every one I see at that price. This last one was 5 bucks so I grabbed it. One for sale right now with some Asian CJ figures on ebay right now for 17. Here is the link if anyone needs one to fill their collection, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-CRACKER ... SwUdlWc0xI


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:49 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:16 pm
Posts: 1340
Location: St. Louis, MO
Have y'all dipped the Shivas in chrome, and made hood ornaments out of them yet?

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 9:01 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:31 am
Posts: 119
Luke wrote:
Have y'all dipped the Shivas in chrome, and made hood ornaments out of them yet?

We could call it the Hinducoup


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:01 am 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:16 pm
Posts: 1340
Location: St. Louis, MO
Stewart Callner wrote:
The other exceptional plastic prize is the sea captain that was mistaken for Stalin, and also pulled after a short run, resulting in scarceness and expensiveness (if that's a word).

True, but there's also a certain collector who's name starts with "A" and ends with "X" that has hundreds of them, making them even rarer. That makes finding them even more precious.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
POWERED_BY
Translated by phpBB.fr © 2007, 2008 phpBB.fr


Cracker Jack Collectors Association
CJCA